16. Hunsdon Mead Diffuse Water Pollution Plan
- To achieve water quality that is good enough to support a healthy aquatic ecology
This project aims to identify the sources of pollution throughout the catchment with a view to resolving them. This would enable Hunsdon Mead Site of Special Scientific Interest to achieve favourable status.
The plan is multifaceted and includes:
- Modelling of water quality to identify areas of high risk to water quality
- Engagement of statutory bodies to ensure duties regarding diffused urban pollution are being undertaken correctly.
- Replacement of a trash grill on the Cannons Brook to prevent litter being deposited on the Roydon Mead unit.