22. LoveLEA Art and Design projects with Barnfield College
Theme: Community engagement and participation
- Improve local knowledge and understanding of the river and the issues facing it
- Increase public access to and involvement in the river
- Promote the river as a community and educational resource
- Promote action to reduce households' water consumption and pollution
Art and Design students from Barnfield College used the River Lea as insipiration for their 'Exploring Specialist Techniques' module.
Through the project, students explored the the features of their chosen specialist field in art, craft or design by researching and exploring the associated materials, techniques and processes.
Their work linked to, represented, or was inspired by the River Lea as it runs from its sources out to Luton Hoo Lakes.
Here are the images of the final pieces, featured in the end of course exhibition at The Hat Factory in Luton: