23. Sworders Field Masterplan
- To increase people's awareness, appreciation, education and involvement
Create a masterplan for Sworders Field in Bishop’s Stortford, and adjacent areas in the control of Bishop’s Stortford Town Council. The plan is to include various public facilities and will guide the development of the area for the period 2012-2022.
This will include some of the following features:
- Enhanced paddling pool
- Linear or offline narrowboat moorings
- Winding hole (turning point) for narrowboats
- Accessible path connecting various areas
- Picnic area(s) for families – maybe on the east bank
- ‘Feature’ planting, probably associated with picnic area or other facilities
- Dropped pathway alongside river
- Better drainage
- Opening up all or part of the culvert which flows east/west across field
- Landscaping of the moat perhaps to include wildflower planting.