21. Utilise the River Mimram as a classroom
- To increase the attractiveness, visibility and public access, to enable people to appreciate the river (commensurate with managing and protecting sensitive habitats and species)
To encourage children to visit the river, and to promote the use of the river as a teaching resource.
This project aims to encourage school children to visit and learn about the Mimram, by the following means:
- Prepare teaching packs for primary and secondary school teachers
- Provide an education pack for each school within walking distance of the river
- Train teachers by giving one free visit by an experienced outdoor educationalist
- Get children involved in the monitoring of the river
In 2014 sessions were held at Oaklands, St.Johns Digswell, Codicote & St.Marys Welwyn.