12. Corporate volunteering and team building days
Themes: Community engagement and participation; Promoting appropriate and sympathetic land management
- Increase public access to and involvement in the river
- Control or eradicate invasive non-native species
You and your colleagues can spend time together out of the office on our original, action-packed team building days.
Not only will you have a chance to spend time with your workmates and learn new skills, you'll also be able to make a positive impact on the River Lea and surrounding areas. (For an example of a team building day that Groundwork Luton & Bedfordshire ran, see project 13: Certsure.)
The aim of the day is to encourage groups to take ownership and management of the situation, organising themselves and allocating tasks to complete the project within the time scale.
- initial meetings to assess and plan the kind of day that is required
- matching your needs to one of our environmental regeneration projects
- planning and development with partners who own/use the sites
- pre-event site preparation and landscape design
- logistics and activity planning for the day
- full supervision, training and support on the day and
- PR and promotional opportunities, including involving local press.
As a charity, Groundwork does charge for this service in order to cover costs, which vary depending on the project involved, materials needed and the level of support required. However, as Groundwork is a registered charity (registration number 293141) your contribution towards the cost of the team-building day could be treated as a tax deductible qualifying charitable donation by your company, if the activity takes place during working hours.